Resources related to this course
- Our work-in-progress book "Applied Compositional Thinking for Engineers", 2021
- Fong, Brendan & Spivak, David, "Seven Sketches in Compositionality", 2018.
- Spivak, David. "Category Theory for the Sciences", 2014.
- Perrone, Paolo. "Category Theory Notes", 2019.
Everything is the same!
- Baez, John C. and Stay, Mike. "Physics, Topology, Logic and Computation: A Rosetta Stone", 2009
Connect all the things!
- Fong, Brendan. "The Algebra of Open and Interconnected Systems", 2016.
Design everything together!
- For a compact categorical formalization of monotone co-design / boolean profunctors, see Chapter 4 of "Seven Sketches in Compositionality".
- A more extensive formalization is coming soon:
Censi, Lorand, Spivak, Tan, Zardini. Mathematical Foundation of Engineering Design (course notes) - coming soon!
- Censi. Design everything (,) together, talk at MIT categories seminar. Slides.
- co-design.science contains more materials.
- [robotics] Zardini, Gioele, et. al "A Formal Approach to the Co-Design of Embodied Intelligence", 2020.
- [mobility] Zardini, Gioele, et. al "Co-Design to Enable User-Friendly Tools to Assess the Impact of Future Mobility Solutions", 2020. (video, slides)
Co-design without categories (before seeing the light):
- Censi, Andrea. "A mathematical theory of co-design", 2015. (slides)
- Censi, Andrea. "A class of co-design problems with cyclic constraints and their solution", 2016.
- Censi, Andrea. "Uncertainty in Monotone Co-design Problems", 2017.
Other applied category theory courses
- Applied Category Theory at MIT 2019
- Seven Sketches in Compositionality at MIT
- Programming with Categories course at MIT (videos )
- David Spivak’s Applied Category Theory at LambdaConf 2017 (1/6, 2/6, 3/6, 4/6, 5/6, 6/6)
- Category Theory by Bartosz Milewski
- Category Theory II by Barzosz Milewski
- Adjoint School
Applied Category Theory research
- Conference series: ACT 2020 | ACT 2019| ACT 2018
- Upcoming events
- Symposium series: SYCO
- MIT Category Theory Seminar
- Journal: Compositionality
If you have suggestions of links/references for this resources page, please submit information to this form.